How To Reset Or Change Admin Password Using CMD:Command Prompt is one of the best and simplest tool present in Windows. It allows you to do many amazing things like showing the complete information about your system and batch programming, which gives you the ability to create your own programs and this is the main reason that is why it is being used all over the world.
If you have lost or forgotten your user account password and you can access your computer then you might think to install a new OS, which takes a lot of your time and you probably do not want to do that. Well, if you want to reset or change your password without installing a new OS or restoring your computer then do not worry because today I have created this tutorial in which I will teach you that how you can easily reset or change admin password using the Command Prompt. By using Command Prompt, you will be able to easily and quickly reset your password. So, without wasting much of your valuable time, l get started with our tutorial.
Must Check:How To Enable Safe Mode Boot Menu In Windows 10
So, if you want to reset or change admin password using Command Prompt then follow the below given steps.
How To Reset Or Change Admin Password Using CMD
- First of all, start your computer in Safe Mode, you can do this if you donâ€™t have access to your computer and want to reset your password. And if you only want to change your admin password then proceed to the next step.
- Then, click on Start button and then type CMD in the Start search bar. Or simply press Windows + Rkeys and then type CMD in the Run command search box.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, type net user and then hit Enter key.
- After that, you will see a list of user accounts. Now, choose the account for which you want to reset or change the password.
- Now, type net user account name * (Replace the account name with the one which you selected) and then hit Enter key.
- Then, type a new password for your account and be careful while typing the new password.
- Now, retype the password again, it is just for confirmation. Then, simply press Enter key on your keyboard.
- That’s it! You are done! Now, you have successfully changed admin password in your computer and your new password will be applied to your give user account immediately google
So, How To Reset Or Change Admin Password Using CMD this was all about how to reset or change admin password using Command Prompt. I hope that now you will be able to easily and quickly change your admin account password. If you have any type of queries regarding this tutorial then do let us know, we will try our best to resolve them. And plus, if youâ€™d like this tutorial then donâ€™t forget to share this with your friends and social circles too.